A Baxter man faces drug charges following offenses allegedly committed in February of last year. Chester Hubbard, 57, was arrested on an indictment warrant Monday by Harlan City Police Officer Britt Ross.
According to the indictment handed down by the grand jury May 13, Hubbard is charged with two drug related offenses.
Count one of the indictment states Hubbard sold or transferred hydrocodone, a Schedule III narcotic, on or about Feb. 17, 2012. Count two states Hubbard had in his possession less than 8 ounces of marijuana which he intended to sell or transfer.
The indictment was issued following an investigation by Harlan County Sheriff’s Det. Jason Snelling.
Hubbard was charged with second-degree trafficking a controlled substance and trafficking marijuana (less than 8 ounces).
Hubbard was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $5,000 surety bond.
In other police news:
* Leslie “Fish” Ball, 37, of Loyall, was arrested on an indictment warrant by Loyall City Police Chief Mike Lunsford on May 15.
According to the indictment, Ball sold or transferred Percocet, a schedule II narcotic, on or about Feb. 8, 2012. The one count indictment charges Ball with first-degree trafficking a controlled substance, 10 pills or more.
The case was investigated by Snelling.
Ball was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $5,000 bond;
* Pearl Cress, 48, of Gordon, was arrested Sunday by Harlan County Sheriff’s Deputy Danny Lewis on a charge of rape. Cress was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center without bond. The case is under investigation by Lewis;
* William Catalano, 33, of Ages, was arrested by Harlan City Police Sgt. George Young on Thursday on a fugitive warrant. Catalano was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center without bond;
* Mary Huff, 37, of Evarts, was arrested by Evarts Police Department Assistant Chief Owen Noe on charges of first-degree possession of a controlled substance and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol. Huff was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center;
* Leslie Jones, 31, of Evarts, was arrested May 14 by Evarts Police Officer William Clogston on charges of tampering with physical evidence, possession of drug paraphernalia and public intoxication. Jones was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on an $8,000 bond requiring 10 percent cash.
Reach Joe P. Asher at 606-573-4510, ext. 113, firstname.lastname@example.org