Harlan County Sheriff’s Deputy Chris Brewer arrested a Harlan man Thursday night charging him with setting on fire his house at Teetersville and another house at Cawood.
Shaun Johnson, 29, has been charged with second- and third-degree arson. He is lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center with bond set at $10,000 full cash on each arson case.
According to the arrest warrant, police say that Johnson committed the offense of second-degree arson when he set his house on fire located at 81 Cornett Street in Teetersville on Nov. 22, 2011, in an attempt to defraud the insurance company.
Another warrant states that Johnson committed third-degree arson by setting fire to a residence located on Nola Street in Cawood on March 16.
The Harlan County Sheriff’s Office Arson Task Force assisted with the investigation.
In other police news:
* Caleb Ford, 19, of Harlan, was arrested by Harlan City Police Officer Hunter Luttrell on charges of third-degree assault of a police officer, disarming a peace officer, alcohol intoxication, resisting arrest, menacing and disorderly conduct.
* Donnie Hughes, 57, of Evarts, was arrested by Evarts City Police Department Officer William Clogston on charges of second-degree criminal mischief, alcohol intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and third-degree assault.
* Chris Thacker, 19, of Evarts, was arrested by Evarts City Police Department Chief Lupe Blas on charges of receiving stolen property over $300 and receiving stolen property under $10,000.
* Johnny Melton, 31, of Evarts, was arrested by Blas on a charge of receiving stolen property under $10,000.
* Amanda Williams, 20, of Evarts, was arrested by Harlan County Sheriff’s Deputy Danny Lewis on a charge of public intoxication and two warrants were served for being a fugitive from another state and failure to appear.
* Shirley Lundy, 29, of Harlan, was arrested on a charge of parole violation.