A man is facing multiple charges including burglary after allegedly entering a storage building and vehicle and taking several items.
Ricky Austin Britt, 19, of Harlan, was served with an arrest warrant by Harlan County Sheriff’s Deputy Will Pope on Friday.
According to a press release, a burglary investigation by the Harlan County Sheriff’s Office led to Britt’s arrest for unlawfully entering a storage building and a vehicle in the Lawnvale community on Feb. 28. Several items were taken from the property. Some of the property has already been recovered by the sheriff’s office and will be returned to the owner.
Britt was charged with third-degree burglary and theft by unlawful taking. He was already lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center. The burglary warrant carries a $7,000 full cash bond.
The case remains under investigation by Pope and additional charges are pending.
In other police activity:
• Ashley Marie Stewart, 23, of Harlan, was arrested on Sunday by Evarts City Police Sgt. John Teagle. According to the citation, Teagle assisted Kentucky State Police on a traffic stop during which Stewart was a passenger in a car. The driver was arrested for DUI. When Stewart exited the vehicle, she was asked for consent to search her purse. Police found a clear plastic baggie containing suspected Suboxone strips, a hypodermic syringe and a glass pipe containing a white crystal residue suspected to be methamphetamine.
Stewart was charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), possession of drug paraphernalia, prescription controlled substance not in original container and third-degree possession of a controlled substance. She was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on multiple full cash bonds totaling $13,300;
• Bobbi Leanne Foley, 38, of Harlan, was arrested by Kentucky State Police Trooper John Carlock on charges of unlawful possession of a meth precursor and public intoxication by controlled substance. She was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $5,000 full cash bond;
• Abraham Hearld, 36, of Bledsoe, was arrested on an indictment warrant by Pope on Friday. He was indicted for cultivating marijuana and lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center;
• Chasity Phillips, 21, of Harlan, was arrested by Cumberland City Police Officer Mark Saylor on Sunday. Phillips was charged with first-degree criminal trespass, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), possession of drug paraphernalia and tampering with physical evidence. She was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $10,000 full cash bond;
• Megan Happney, 29, of Harlan, was arrested on an indictment warrant by KSP Trooper Jacob Spurlock on Friday. She was indicted for second-degree unlawful transaction with a minor, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia and lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $3,000 full cash bond.
Reach Joe P. Asher at 606-909-4132 or on Twitter @joe_hde