The 25th Annual Tri-City News Photography Contest is planned Oct. 2-3
An entry fee of $1 per photograph must accompany each entry. Photography rules are as follows:
• Photographic entries may be submitted at the Photo Registration Booth located in the upper lobby in the Godbey Appalachian Center on Oct. 2, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Photographic categories include: Scenery, people, flowers, animals, Black Bears, favorite black and white prints and scenes from Harlan County.
• Open photos: Those pictures not meeting criteria for other categories, and children’s pictures ages 4-12.
• You may enter as an amateur or a professional photographer.
• Prints may be black and white or color.
• All prints must be matted and not framed.
• Matted prints/photographs combinations must be no smaller than 5” x 7” and no larger than 16” x 20.”
• Each photo must have a label on the backside of the photograph with the name of the photographer, telephone number, address; date picture was taken and photographic category.
• Entrants who want to sell their prints should have a price included on the back of the print.
• Photographs should be clearly labeled as to category.
• Photographs will be judged beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 2.
• Past blue ribbon winners cannot enter the same print again.
13. Entries will be on display Oct. 3, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• All photo entries shall remain on display until 3 p.m. Oct. 3.
The Tri-City News, the Swappin’ Meetin’ officials and the contest judges will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any print nor will they be responsible for unclaimed prints.
For further information, contact the Tri-City News at 606-589-2588.