County eyes rec/wellness center
Loyall pair facing drug charges
White worked to keep water system operating
Man dies in bicycle wreck in Bell Co.
HCHS students share Spanish skills
- County eyes rec/wellness center - 6:57 pm
- Loyall pair facing drug charges - 4:34 pm
- White worked to keep water system operating - 4:32 pm
- US Senate leader: Winners make policy, losers go home - 3:22 pm
- News in Brief - 2:40 pm
- Man dies in bicycle wreck in Bell Co. - 2:15 pm
- Emergency road aid funds announced for slip repairs in Harlan Co. - 1:52 pm
- HCHS students share Spanish skills - 1:41 pm
- Sliding in the sun - 4:38 pm
- Kentucky Main Street Program communities contributed $110M to state economy in 2016 - 4:29 pm updated: 7:35 pm.
- Sen. Paul joins President Trump for singing of legislation protecting Ky. coal industry - 4:10 pm
- New supercomputer aids climate research top coal state - 4:01 pm
- Cases involving alleged drug theft at VA health facilities - 4:00 pm
- Teen suicide attempts fell as same-sex marriage became legal - 3:59 pm
- News in Brief - 3:52 pm
- Doctor-lawmaker tries to restrict smoking in tobacco country - 3:26 pm
- Boil-water advisory issued - 1:33 pm
- Pension system’s woes could be worse than previously thought - 7:21 pm
- Drivers see higher premiums after not-at-fault crashes - 5:50 am
- Beshear, AARP partnering to prevent scams - 3:50 pm
- Bible classes possible in Ky. public schools - 4:02 pm
- HES receives banner at luncheon - 3:41 pm
- City OK’s alcohol sales - 3:40 pm
- Bill would require Bible classes in Ky. public schools - 4:39 am
- Harlan Yoga celebrates grand opening - 3:40 pm
Kentucky Main Street Program communities contributed $110M to state economy in 2016
FRANKFORT – The Kentucky Main Street Program (KYMS) recently announced that 39 participating communities reported cumulative investment of $109,...
Sen. Paul joins President Trump for singing of legislation protecting Ky. coal industry
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Rand Paul recently joined President Donald Trump for the official signing of legislation benefiting Kentucky’...
New supercomputer aids climate research top coal state
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A new supercomputer in the top coal-mining state has begun critical climate-change research with support from even some gl...
Cases involving alleged drug theft at VA health facilities
Government data obtained by The Associated Press show that incidents of drug loss or theft at federal hospitals have jumped nearly tenfold since 2009 ...
Teen suicide attempts fell as same-sex marriage became legal
CHICAGO (AP) — Teen suicide attempts in the U.S. declined after same-sex marriage became legal and the biggest impact was among gay, lesbian and...
News in Brief
Jury: Pharmacist helped others illegally distribute drugsLEXINGTON (AP) — A jury has found a Berea pharmacist guilty of helping other people dis...
Brock leads Lady Dragons past Corbin
Jordan Brock had lived through the scenario many times in her five seasons with the Harlan Lady Dragons — an opponent battles back late in the g...
Taylor scores 41 as Redhounds roll past HHS
Coming off a hard-fought loss on Tuesday at North Laurel, the Corbin Redhounds and coach Tony Pietrowski likely were happy for a chance to redeem them...
Georgia will get another shot at Cats
Here are a few things to watch in Southeastern Conference basketball this week:GAME OF THE WEEK: No. 13 Kentucky at Georgia: After producing one of it...
Brock set new standard for girls hoops
To say basketball is a passion would be an understatement for Harlan High School senior Jordan Brock. It is a way of life — her life.Brock began...
Unlike the 2015-16 campaign which saw Mychal Mulder play in a very limited role at Kentucky with a total of 90 minutes in the Tyler Ulis-led backcourt...
‘Walking Dead’ creator to appear at EKU
RICHMOND (AP) — The creator of the smash-hit TV show “The Walking Dead” is returning to his native Kentucky for an appearance at Eas...
Students develop app to help make a ‘Waste Free America’
FRANKFORT (AP) — Paul Winters buys pizza for his grandson Jared on Friday nights — “provided he’s been good.” This past ...
St. Patrick’s Day fundraiser announced
BIG STONE GAP, Va. — The Friends of the Southwest Virginia Museum are accepting ticket reservations for the St. Patrick’s Day Bash on Marc...
What kind of cherry tree did Washington fell?
Washington’s birthday is a good time to think about cherry trees. But rather than questioning whether George really chopped down the tree and th...
No designer babies, but gene editing to avoid disease? Maybe
WASHINGTON (AP) — Don’t expect designer babies any time soon — but a major new ethics report leaves open the possibility of one day ...
State Senate week in review
FRANKFORT— As we near the halfway mark of the 2017 Legislative Session, the days have become more intense. We are debating issues in committee a...
Opioid legislation has merit
As citizens, we want our roadways to be safe, whether we are driving, walking or riding a bicycle. This doesn’t seem to be too much to ask.But w...
Maintaining a close relationship with God and our spouse
Last week, I was sitting in my office on a dreary afternoon, tapping on the keyboard and listening to the rain blowing against the window. The house i...
Holiday or all the days?
Have you ever wondered if we had no holidays would people be in debt? I know that is an exaggeration; however, just think about the money we spend on ...
The ultimate lunch swap
Regular readers on this column know that I have been on a school days kick rather frequently since the first of the year. And, in fact, I originally i...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Saturday, Feb. 18, the 49th day of 2017. There are 316 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb...