What’s Goin’ On
IDA seeking $2.5M grant
Jones named FDAK president-elect
What’s Goin’ On
Fiscal Court recognizes all-stars
- IDA seeking $2.5M grant - 6:57 pm
- Harlan Co. jobless rate 12.6 percent - 6:57 pm
- Kentucky Coal Academy set to host job fair at SKCTC on Wednesday - 6:57 pm
- Jones named FDAK president-elect - 3:56 pm
- Mosquitoes have apparently begun spreading Zika in US - 3:16 pm
- State News in Brief - 2:59 pm
- Fiscal Court recognizes all-stars - 2:43 pm
- Harlan native pens novel series - 2:32 pm updated: 6:12 pm.
- Beshear: Fake law enforcement charity scam targeting Kentuckians - 1:19 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- Reduced weight restrictions have been lifted - 1:08 pm
- State News in Brief - 1:04 pm
- UofL accepts president’s resignation - 1:02 pm
- Silent epidemic of opioid addiction among seniors - 11:57 am updated: 2:27 pm.
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- Evarts approves 1st reading of water rate - 4:21 pm
- City approves alcohol sales - 3:44 pm
- Boy Scout troop attends camp - 3:34 pm
- Gray calls for roads, technology to help coal regions - 2:47 pm
- Conference addresses growing concern of viral hepatitis - 2:42 pm
- State News in Brief - 2:28 pm
- Boil-water advisory issued - 11:31 am
- Paul stops in Harlan - 9:33 am
- Harlan Co. basketball coach wins houseboat vacation - 3:15 pm
- Health officials caution pregnant women - 3:04 pm
- History Alive showcased on statewide blog - 3:03 pm
- Remains of lost Spanish fort found on South Carolina coast - 2:46 pm
- State News in Brief - 2:37 pm updated: 3:18 pm.
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- Man faces theft related charges - 5:15 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- Community Arts Picnic planned in downtown Harlan - 5:12 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- Men caught in child predator sting in W.Ky. - 2:21 pm
- Gas prices drop 7 cents to $2.22 a gallon - 2:18 pm
- US 119 bridge in Cumberland to be inspected Tuesday - 2:14 pm
- Tenn. tax holiday now earlier - 2:02 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- State News in Brief - 12:22 pm
- Ky. leads nation in cancers that are caused by a virus for which there is a vaccination - 12:16 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Preparing preachers for pulpits - 7:50 am
- Portion of Harlan Co. road to be closed - 7:26 am
- Murder investigation in Pineville - 2:32 pm
- Pet of the Week - 6:05 am
Reduced weight restrictions have been lifted
MANCHESTER — The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has lifted the posted weight restriction of 3 tons for a Harlan County bridge (mile point 34.8 ...
State News in Brief
Shootings rising in Louisville with more than 250 incidentsLOUISVILLE (AP) — Police data says shootings in Louisville are on pace to more than d...
UofL accepts president’s resignation
LOUISVILLE (AP) — University of Louisville trustees accepted the resignation of embattled President James Ramsey, whose long tenure was dogged b...
Silent epidemic of opioid addiction among seniors
Older drug addicts in states that chose not to expand Medicaid have few options for treatment, Christine Vestal reports for Stateline. Older adults ...
DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train
After Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders made the motion to stop the roll call vote Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, he asked that Hilla...
Harrison has strong ties with UK
Josh Harrison has pretty strong ties with Lexington and UK.Wait, before you get the wrong idea, the friendly and personable Pittsburgh Pirates second ...
John Henson | Daily EnterpriseBoth local high school football teams are busy preparing for the opening of the season next month. Harlan County coach E...
HCHS soccer team begins practice
Harlan County High School Soccer Coach David Day, and his assistants Troy Gaw and Jeff Day, say they are excited about the progress their 30 plus team...
Dragons play 2 in scrimmage
Harlan’s Tanner Parks and Kilian Ledford showed off their versatility as each had touchdowns passing and receiving in a three-team 7-on-7 passin...
Harlan Ballers win tournament
The Harlan Ballers, an 8 and under youth baseball team, got off an impressive start in summer baseball competition, rolling to a 3-0 record during the...
Tri-City ready for next step
Already the Kentucky champion after three blowout wins in the state tournament in Oldham County earlier this month, the Tri-City All-Stars will take o...
Some changes for the upcoming early migratory bird seasons
FRANKFORT — Although Kentucky is baking in the hottest temperatures of the year, hunters will be afield in a little over a month pursuing migrat...
Hooked on Fishing — Not on Drugs
Photos submittedThe Harlan County Unite Coalition sponsors Hooked On Fishing — Not On Drugs (HOFNOD), monthly at Martins Fork Lake in Smith. The...
Proper handling helps fish thrive after summertime catch and release
FRANKFORT — Summer is arguably the most popular time to fish as muggy, hot days push people to the water for relief and relaxation.Many anglers,...
CES summer camp a success
Photos submittedJune was filled with lots of summer fun and learning for the students at Cumberland Elementary School attending the FRYSC sponsored su...
Ashley Judd keynote speaker at foundation gala
Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated actress Ashley Judd is the keynote speaker for the Frontier Health Foundation inaugural gala, STIGMA STOPS NOW, on Nov...
Dangers of leaving your pet in a hot, parked car
The summer months are fully upon us, and pet travel is at its height. We have all heard a lot in the news lately about the dangers of leaving children...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Friday, July 29, the 211th day of 2016. There are 155 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On July...
Where the election stands
The next few weeks in politics are a little like the all-star break in baseball. With the Republican and Democratic national conventions upon us, it...
Summer water safety
When the summer sun packs a wallop like it has this week, thoughts turn to staying cool.For children and adults across the state, a dip in the water &...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Thursday, July 28, the 210th day of 2016. There are 156 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Ju...
Will anyone step up to the plate for Harlan?
I was born in the old Harlan hospital on Mound Street, March 30, 1940. Dr. Clark Bailey delivered me. I attended kindergarten, grade school and high s...