Employment office status unchanged
Red Cross training conducted
County to lease Putney property
SKCTC honors Black History Month
Beshear warns of Facebook scam
- Employment office status unchanged - 3:43 pm
- Dems tap former Ky. governor to counter Trump speech - 12:41 pm
- House passes bill to create elective Bible literacy courses - 12:26 pm
- Red Cross training conducted - 11:59 am
- News in Brief - 11:54 am
- Boil-water advisory issued - 10:57 am
- FINs lakes stockings begin this month - 6:56 am
- County to lease Putney property - 5:46 pm
- SKCTC honors Black History Month - 4:29 pm
- Mitch McConnell interrupted as Trump protests continue - 3:59 pm
- Beshear warns of Facebook scam - 3:56 pm
- By Adam BeamAssociated Press - 3:33 pm
- Bill would make colleges compete for state funding - 3:32 pm
- Committee OKs bill making it easier for felons to get jobs - 3:31 pm
- News in Brief - 3:28 pm
- Harlan Co. coal mines sold to Georgia company - 3:10 pm
- Commission to consider options to fund Asian Carp eradication efforts - 12:19 pm
- Boil-water advisory lifted - 10:40 am
- Skate park in the works - 4:47 pm
- Miss Southeast 2017 crowned - 4:15 pm
- Grimes makes official Ky. Voter turnout in 2016 presidential election - 3:52 pm
- Police find man in closet - 3:33 pm updated: 3:56 pm.
- GOP members of Congress face Trump foes at town halls - 2:17 pm
- News in Brief - 2:16 pm
- Ky. ark attraction adding biblical truth exhibit - 2:11 pm
Mitch McConnell interrupted as Trump protests continue
COVINGTON (AP) — Two demonstrators interrupted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s speech before a suit-and-tie crowd Thursday, under...
Beshear warns of Facebook scam
FRANKFORT — Attorney General Beshear is warning Kentuckians that a popular web search could result in them becoming a victim of a scam.Reports s...
By Adam BeamAssociated Press
FRANKFORT (AP) — In Kentucky, where a DUI conviction can only be held against you for 10 years, some state lawmakers want to make sure the court...
Bill would make colleges compete for state funding
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky’s public colleges and universities would have to compete against each other for shrinking state tax dollars unde...
Committee OKs bill making it easier for felons to get jobs
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentuckians trying to overcome their criminal past could no longer be automatically denied occupational licenses under legislat...
News in Brief
Bill would split local government pension funds from KRSFRANKFORT (AP) — Local government pension funds would break away from the Kentucky Retir...
Green Dragons end regional drought
As the coach of a program that hadn’t played in the regional tournament since the current seniors were in kindergarten, Derrick Akal found a uni...
Storen hopes to win closer job with Reds
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — Drew Storen is comfortable with his catcher, and that’s important for a former closer who is trying to earn the rol...
Adebayo’s double-double lifts Cats to win
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Kentucky’s coaching staff challenged forward Bam Adebayo this week, criticizing his foul trouble and “cautious&...
Bears get defensive in rout of Jackets
A dominating first half was more than enough to send the Harlan County Black Bears to the 52nd District Tournament finals.Harlan County (27-3) tied a ...
Lynn Camp,Knox Centraladvance in 51st
An impressive performance from senior Brooklyn Bryant led the Lynn Camp Lady Wildcats past the Pineville Lady Mountain Lions 52-38 in the first round ...
Defense sends Lady Dragons to finals
Very few teams can hope to overcome a big deficit against the Harlan Lady Dragons, who have perhaps the state’s top point guard in Jordan Brock ...
Easier: More success, less work
Deer season has been over for a few weeks now, and turkey season is right around the corner. I like how each of these are so different than the other....
Surviving a broken heart
Yes, Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but perhaps it wasn’t a happy holiday for you. Love may be wonderful, but not every relationship i...
When teens start driving
Remember when you were a teen and couldn’t wait to get your driver’s license? All you could think about was getting behind the wheel, cran...
What’s Goin’ On
To place an event in the “What’s Goin’ On” section, email: [email protected]; fax: 606-573-0042; or drop a written/typed...
Talk to babies and let them babble back to bridge word gap
WASHINGTON (AP) — Even infants can have conversations with mom or dad. Their turn just tends to involve a smile or some gibberish instead of wor...
Ky. to host WWE televised event
WWE’s SmackDown Live is coming to Louisville. The event will be held at the KFC Yum! Center on April 18 and marks the return of live, televised ...
Secretary Chao will pave the way for Ky.’s transportation system
Very few functions of government are more critical than building roads and bridges. As the new vice chair of the Kentucky House Transportation Committ...
Smoking prevention in Ky.
Thumbs down to Kentucky receiving failing grades for its smoking prevention program spending.Smoking causes an estimated $1.92 billion in annual healt...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Thursday, Feb. 23, the 54th day of 2017. There are 311 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb...
President Trump — keep us out of Syria
President Trump must not authorize troops on the ground in Syria. Once our troops are moved to a country they never leave. Iraq and Afghanistan are ca...
What are we becoming?
Nokia, a firm that makes electronic products, reported that cell phone users were checking their devices 150 times a day. Pew Research reported that y...
Letter to the Editor
Postal employee’s kindness and compassion appreciatedDuring the Christmas season my mail carrier, Laura Hensley, delivered a package to my door....