Campaign helps parents prepare, protect teen drivers
Pet of the Week
There’s magic in bridges
Bridge named for WWII vet
Halloween Hustle 5K scheduled Oct. 29
- Campaign helps parents prepare, protect teen drivers - 6:51 am
- Pet of the Week - 6:35 am
- Bridge named for WWII vet - 4:16 pm
- Halloween Hustle 5K scheduled Oct. 29 - 1:09 pm
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month - 11:57 am
- In Ky. coal country, Democrats fear Trump - 11:56 am
- Ky. Supreme Court strikes down minimum wage ordinance - 11:54 am
- News in Brief - 11:35 am
- Thousands to gather for innovation in rural education - 3:55 pm
- KSP is taking back unwanted Rx drugs on Saturday at Post 10 - 3:53 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Harlan Haunt Fest 2016 - 3:53 pm
- Business leaders meet with new economic development director - 2:10 pm
- News in Brief - 11:07 am
- Report: Oral health of Ky. children is getting worse - 11:04 am
- Wreck sends 2 to hospital - 2:34 pm updated: 2:34 pm.
- News in Brief - 2:21 pm
- SS recipients to get tiny increase - 1:36 pm
- ‘Coal Miners for Rand’ coalition - 1:34 pm
- ‘Mystic Mountain Gathering’ slated Saturday - 1:27 pm
- Coroner: No foul play suspected in death - 5:20 pm
- News in Brief - 3:41 pm
- Annual ‘Pumpkin Square’ event planned in downtown Harlan on Halloween - 2:11 pm
- Chamber of commerce announces award winners - 1:56 pm
- Thousands in vigil for sprinter’s slain daughter - 1:35 pm
- Library sponsoring ‘spooky tales’ - 12:49 pm
- Boil-water advisory issued - 11:54 am
- Bell County Sheriff’s Office subject of hoax - 3:39 pm
- Flu vaccinations are available in the county - 2:48 pm
- Benham water issues - 2:47 pm
- Mining deaths, respirable dust samples drop to historic lows - 2:45 pm
- Baby Fest sponsored at the Depot - 2:41 pm
- News in Brief - 2:27 pm
- Ky. tops nation in share of kids ever diagnosed with ADHD - 11:36 am updated: 2:49 pm.
- More arrests made in fatal shooting of Tyson Gay’s daughter - 10:59 am
- New Harlan Co. economic director named - 6:54 pm
- Bevin announces training center for unemployed miners - 2:30 pm
- Bevin won’t fight decision banning him from cutting budgets - 1:42 pm
- News in Brief - 1:40 pm
- Nelson, Shannon to debate Tuesday in Bell Co. - 1:28 pm
- Painting for education - 1:24 pm
- After emerging from bankruptcy, Alpha Resources sells mine - 8:55 am
- Stewart pleads guilty - 4:02 pm
- News in Brief - 2:29 pm
- Ky.’s blooming goldenrod no longer needs protection - 1:57 pm
- Judge: SSA used unconstitutional process in reviewing cases - 1:57 pm
- 4-H fundraiser set Friday at Tractor Supply - 1:56 pm
- Multiple boil-water advisories lifted - 9:24 am
- Names released in multiple-fatality wreck - 12:07 am
- At least 3 dead as result of crash - 8:08 pm
- Residents without water - 6:43 pm
Harlan Haunt Fest 2016
Photo submittedIan Punnett, from Coast to Coast AM Radio, promoted his new book, A Black Night for the Bluegrass Belle, at this year’s Harlan Ha...
Business leaders meet with new economic development director
One Harlan County, a civic investment group, met with the county’s new economic development director during their regular monthly meeting on Mon...
News in Brief
Fort Campbell soldiers prepare for Afghanistan dutyFORT CAMPBELL (AP) — Soldiers with the 101st Airborne Division’s 3rd Brigade Combat Tea...
Report: Oral health of Ky. children is getting worse
FRANKFORT (AP) — A new survey of more 2,000 Kentucky children has found 41 percent of them have untreated cavities despite having a greater acce...
Wreck sends 2 to hospital
Photos by Vicki BlakleyA two-vehicle crash on U.S. 119 at Rosspoint on Tuesday sent two people to the hospital with injuries. According to Kentucky St...
Lewis explodes for 27 as Lady Cats roll to winJacey Lewis poured in 27 points in her final game at Rosspoint to lead the Lady Cats to a 61-25 win Thur...
Lady Dragons capture district title
From six wins as freshmen to eight the next year and 18 last season, the Harlan High School volleyball seniors had been building for the 2016 season f...
Lady Skins bounce back with victory over Black MountainCumberland avenged a 27-point loss earlier this year with a 26-22 win Tuesday over visiting Bla...
Bears need win to clinch playoff berth
After three weeks of playing for a district championship, the Harlan County Black Bears now find themselves playing for their playoff lives heading in...
Dragons, Lions renew ‘Battle of 119’
If playing in one of the state’s oldest rivalries wasn’t enough, both the Harlan Green Dragons and Pineville Mountain Lions will have plen...
Lady Bears move into finals with a 4-set win over Bell
Coming off an especially ugly third-set loss, the Harlan County Lady Bears needed a lift in the fourth set or the face the possibility of being upset ...
Oktoberfest slated in downtown Whitesburg
The Downtown Renaissance Initiative will host an Oktoberfest celebration on beginning at 4 p.m. on Saturday in downtown Whitesburg in front of the Let...
Annual Buddy Walk is Sunday in Knoxville
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The 20th annual Knoxville Buddy Walk® will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday at World’s Fair Park (Festival La...
Silas House visits LMU for reading
HARROGATE, Tenn. — Silas House, an accomplished author from Laurel County and former writer-in-residence at Lincoln Memorial University (LMU), v...
Barnes discusses healthy eating
Photo submittedStudents at Harlan Middle School recently learned the importance of making healthy food choices. Harlan HARH Hospital Dietitian Jeanne ...
Dollars and Sense at GHES
Photo submittedEighth-graders at Green Hills Elementary School participated in the 4-H Dollars and Sense program, designed to enhance their financial ...
The power of reading
If there was one skill I would wish for the entire world, it would be the ability to read. The ability to read the written word is a gift that not eve...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Friday, Oct. 21, the 295th day of 2016. There are 71 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Oct. ...
Letter to the Editor
KET: Where learning comes to lifeAs a KET Friends board member and avid KET view and supporter, I wanted to share a few of the great things KET provid...
Stand for our children, their future
Local boards of education in our state have a tremendous responsibility. They are critical to improving the lives of students, and in turn the prosper...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Thursday, Oct. 20, the 294th day of 2016. There are 72 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Oct...